Re: Preliminary Debian booth schedule for Systems

From: Thomas Templin <templin_at_gnuwhv.de>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 05:25:47 +0200

Am Sa, 20. Oktober 2007 01:17:34 schrieb Michael Banck:
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 12:59:48AM +0200, Thomas Templin wrote:
> > > I think that should be fine, isn't it?
> >
> > I would add the nicknames of the people.
> > Nicknames are an aspect which stands for the coolness / sexyness of
> > Debian and the people behind. Especially if you ask young people.
> > Just my 2¢
>
> I am not sure why we did not add them last year, I think thought that at
> an expo like Systems, it is very unlikely that people would recognize us
> by our nicknames, and they would only confuse casual visitors.
>
> > Do you have Debian bizcards at the booth? I would suggest having
> > them. - It's a good point to note the Debian URLs, e.g.
> > www.debian.org and wiki.debian.org. - people to whoom you may give
> > them may use the blank back side to note Names email addr.s and phone
> > nrs. - Also an URL of SPI might be of interest to bring a donation to
> > mind later on (german: Um eine mögliche Spende in Erinnerung zu
> > bringen)
>
> That's a very nice idea (I'd add ffis eV rather, though, for german
> events), but I am not sure we can execute it until next year. I've
> noted it down in the wiki now if somebody wants to pick it up for this
> year's Systems. Otherwise, it should be done for future events, IMHO.

Done,
I've put a link pointing to a first draft for discussion at
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEventsDeSystems2007

Or for the impatient: http://www.gnuwhv.de/Debian-Bizcard-01.pdf

I will now do the two steps towards my bed and will fal into narcoleptic sleep
for at least the next 8 hours. So don't expect me to answer before 14:00
UTC+2...

regards,
thom...*chhhr-chhhr-chhhr-...*