Re: Preliminary Debian booth schedule for Systems

From: Thomas Templin <templin_at_gnuwhv.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 23:07:20 +0200

Am Fr, 19. Oktober 2007 19:09:21 schrieb Michael Banck:
> (if you just follow-up to area-muc, feel free to do so in german)
>
> Hi,
>
> I have made a first draft of this year's booth schedule, it is (along
> with all the other information) also up at
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEventsDeSystems2007 for editing, but please
> get in contact with me if you do.
>
> In general Wolfgang Lonien will be around for most of Systems, so he
> will be able to jump in if somebody is not available or we need more
> manpower.
>
> Here goes:
> || Time || Tuesday || Wednesday || Thursday || Friday
> || || 9-12 || WolfgangLonien || CajusPollmeyer || RobertLemmen ||
> || WolfgangLonien ||
> || || MichaelBanck || RobertGrimm || RobertGrimm ||
> || || RobertLemmen ||
> || 12-15 || WolfgangLonien || CajusPollmeyer || RobertLemmen ||
> || WolfgangLonien ||
> || || MichaelBanck || RobertGrimm || RobertGrimm ||
> || || RobertLemmen || FranzPletz || JanMarekGlogowski ||
> || || MichaelBanck || ||
> || 15-18 || WolfgangLonien || RobertGrimm || RobertLemmen ||
> || WolfgangLonien ||
> || || FranzPletz || JanMarekGlogowski || MichaelBanck ||
> || || MichaelBanck ||
>
> Friday isn't fleshed out a lot yet, and the other days might need an
> overhaul. Please let me know if you are on this list, but cannot make
> the above dates/times. Also, Arne Wichmann and Erich Schubert
> volunteered to help if there is need.
>
> As this year's Open Source area appears to be really densly packed,
> we will probably not be able to tell until Monday how many people really
> fit at the booth.
>
> Otherwise, here are the things we could still need help with I guess:
>
> * Help organising the party on Thursday evening. Simon Richter
> volunteered to organise it, but as he's ill currently, some more
> people can maybe jump in as well.
>
> * Names plates, see the wiki. I am not able to find last year's
> glabels file (only got the PDF), so please contact me if you want to
> start over.
Anyone familiar with the LaTeX Ticket class?
I may send him my Ticket directory which has the setup and some examples to
use as template per pm which has pre defined badges and bizcards.
I used Ticket class for setting up badges and bizcards for fsfe, skolelinux
and others in the past.

I will have my "road Warrior" USB-Disk at Systems, so if thee is a copy-shop
who has a colout copier or someone from Munich who has a colour printer I
should be able to set up Debian badges and bizcards on the fly at Systems.

ATM, I'm facing a tremendous workload so I'm not able to do this tomorrow.
And I will be on the road starting Sunday 4:00AM UTC+2, sorry.

> * We would like to show off some nice Debian applications, like Debian
> Live, Graphical Installer, etc. If you have an idea about what we
> could show, or a ready-made solution (Live CD, Qemu/VMware image)
> please let us know or edit the wiki.
>
> * CD labels. We will be able to get CDs burned semi-professionally,
> and there is chance we can provide our own CD label artwork for that.
> It would be nice to have something based on the official Etch
> artwork, anybody know?

It should be cd labels in plain colours (German: Schmuckfarben). Printing
photorealistic lables might become too expensive.

regards,
thomasv