Re: Cebit booth

From: Kurt Gramlich <kurt_at_skolelinux.de>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 16:27:33 +0100

* Joerg Jaspert <joerg_at_debian.org> [070301 16:15]:

> On 10917 March 1977, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>
> > This years Cebit will run from 15 til 21 March 2007 in Hannover. Debian
> > gets a booth there, sponsored by LinuxNewMedia. I will do the organizing
> > part for this.
>
> Right, so to come back to this, the booth will be in Hall 5, booth
> number follows as soon as I got it.
>
> > Ok, now for the booth. We need people to be there during the time, so if
> > you can afford a bit of spare time - send me a mail when.
>
> That currently is me for the whole time, Thomas Lange (unknown which
> day(s)) and Rene Stegmaier, who can also help out. Someone else who is
> there? We have 2 exhibitor passes again this year for us.
>

> Now, behind the scenes we tried to come up with a DVD image to hand out
> at the booth. Unfortunately that didnt work out, for various reasons,
> but also including sponsors that prefer to wait for the etch release
> before the next image is done for such an event. Sad but understandable.
>
> As we arent allowed to sell anything on Cebit this means we will only be
> able to give out flyers this year.
>

> We will have 3 machines at our booth, one server (including a mirror)
> and 2 desktops. I am planning to have one of the two desktops running
> babelbox.
>
> While we have the machines we need one monitor, keyboards, mouse, cable
> stuff. Whoever has some of that - please speak up.

We have a computer for presentation runing with a live CD from skolelinux.
We used this maschine in Giessen at the debian and skolelinux booth. So
if someone likes to use it, we bring to Chemnitz:

- debian beamer
- skolelinux computer with live cd

please ask me at the skolelinux booth in Chemnitz.

Regards/AmicaLinuxement/Viele Gruesse!
Kurt Gramlich

--
kurt_at_skolelinux.de