Re: FOSDEM: talk schedule, booth, some more stuff.

From: Wouter Verhelst <wouter_at_debian.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:36:55 +0100

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 04:03:00PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 04:52:33PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> >This is to announce the schedule for talks in the Debian Devroom at the
> >upcoming FOSDEM, on the 24th and 25th of February.
> >
> >We'll be having the room on friday from 14h15 up to 19h00, and on sunday
> >from 09h00 up to 18h00. Right now, we have 12 talks scheduled for a
> >total of 11h30, as follows:
>
> s/friday/saturday/ :-)

Right.

[...]
> >As you can see, there is only one more slot available. I do think it's
> >appropriate to hold a lunch break on sunday; however, if it turns out
> >that most people disagree (and there is a request for more than one our
> >of additional talks), I'd be happy to change that.
>
> I don't see my offered talk in there. Is that correct? I'm not 100%

Aw, crap! I messed up there, sorry. Yes, I did see your mail that you
wanted the 11am slot, but somehow forgot to act on it. Grmbl. Darn.

> bothered, I must admit, but I'm happy to still do it. However, the
> 17:00 to 18:00 slot on Sunday would be pushing things a little late
> for me. I'm hoping to be on my way back to Calais by then.

Right.

If there's someone who's willing to swap with you, then that's settled
(and that would also make the schedule full). If not, I guess I'll have
to put you on the lunch break slot (but I would prefer to avoid that).

> >Steve McIntyre told me he'd be bringing T-shirts again which could be
> >sold; that's a good start. Steve, can you confirm that this is still
> >going to happen?
>
> Definitely. The stock of existing shirts is not huge, but I'm also
> expecting to get the new etch design ready in time.

Great.

> >Moreover, this year I'm also going to ask if some people are interested
> >in being the host at the DevRoom for a few hours. The previous two
> >years I did this all myself for the whole weekend, but last year I
> >missed a number of other things that went on in other places because of
> >this; so this time I'd like it if others could join in here. About two
> >or three should do it.
>
> I'm happy to volunteer for this too if it helps.

Noted, thanks.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22