Re: Debian UK BBQ 2006

From: Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com>
Date: Fri Aug 04 2006 - 14:27:58 CEST

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 10:10:04PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>It's hardly a secret, but there's not been any announcement yet on the
>mailing list. The regular BBQ/party will happen again this year at my
>place in Cambridge, on the August Bank Holiday weekend (Sat 26th / Sun
>27th). As per usual, there's a wiki page with more details:
>
> http://wiki.earth.li/DebianParty2006
>
>If you want to come along, please sign up on the wiki page. If you
>live in the Cambridge area and could put people up that weekend, also
>please say so: we're expecting more foreign visitors than ever before
>this year, and crash space is likely to be much sought after!
>
>I expect we'll get up to the usual mix of beer, food, beer, hacking,
>key signing and general geekery. Maybe we'll even have to endure
>random soprano singing (*grin*). More seriously, it would also be nice
>to help towards the release of etch - I declare the weekend to also be
>a Bug Squashing Party.
>
>RSVP via the wiki please.

Erm, wow! We have a lot of guests coming, it seems! :-)

As the offers of crash space now seem to have all been taken and there
are still quite a few people marked as looking for crash space, I've
added a link[1] to a list of local B&Bs and hotels. There are quite a
few on Chesterton Road, which is ~10 minutes walk away.

[1] http://www.touristnetuk.com/em/cambridge/accommodation/ac-serviced/index.asp

"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane... Of
 course, since many of them are Australians, you can't tell." -- Linus Torvalds