Re: Debian booth at FOSDEM 2006

From: Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org>
Date: Tue Jan 10 2006 - 20:10:07 CET

Quoting Adrian von Bidder (avbidder@fortytwo.ch):
> On Tuesday 10 January 2006 07:10, Christian Perrier wrote:
> [babelbox]
>
> And with g-i, too! Wow!
>
> > Last year, the babelbox installed a full desktop system, then opened
> > the GDM session automatically, left it opened for a few minutes before
> > rebooting in another language install.
>
> Just fake it: inst xserver-xorg plus xli and splash a screen shot of a cool
> desktop on it. As you're going to reboot 2 min later anyway nobody will
> complain :-)

Hey, the desktop was localized as well. So that means 55 screenshots !

(yes, there are currently 55 languages supported...but the desktop is
not localized for all of them, though I suspect that actually Gnome is
localized for mor ethan 80% of the languages we support in D-I.)

I have'nt decided yet whether I'll run a full desktop install. This is
pretty boring to see (even with a local mirror).