Re: Organising the booth at LinuxTag

From: W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 12:13:49 CEST

Quoting Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org>:
> As long as it's a soldier and properly recognisable I won't like
> it and I cannot approve it. Guess what, plastic soldiers represent
> real soldiers that kill people and invade other countries for
> whatever reason, non-existing weapons, existing oil, power, ego
> or whatnot. I cannot approve this.

Apart from ethical and/or ideological questions: Most people
will probably not know (or remember) that Toy Story film. I
can live with "sarge", "etch" etc. as release names, but we
should not think a lot of people will understand (or like)
the allusion. Let's stay with the "salvation army" brevet
(such as http://www.debianplanet.org/images/sarge.png).

Wolfgang