Re: Organising the booth at LinuxTag

From: Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de>
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 10:28:57 CEST

On Sun, 22 May 2005, Michael Banck wrote:

> Will there be Debian-Sub Projects at the booth?
I asked on Debian-Med and Debian-Custom lists whether there is somebody
to join me as second person (I think it is a reasonable requirement to have
two responsible persons per project) but got only one answer from somebody
who was not really sure. So I guess there will be no separate table for
the things above.

> I think we had some problems in the past with people asking about
> sub-projects (like FAI) and then nobody being around from there and the
> booth personnel not knowing much or being able to help.
... which is a real problem.

> How about we have schedule at the booth with destinct times for
> demonstrations of sub-projects, installations and other stuff?
>
> I might volunteer to demonstrate Debian GNU/Hurd as part of the 'other
> stuff'.
I like this idea (kind of 11:00 feeding penguins in some zoos).

In addition we might be more successful by having a big poster with
the schedule of DebianDay (+Friday) on our booth. This would be fine for
keeping people informed about a lot of projects and in the end of the
talk you might offer the ability to demonstrate something at the booth.

Kind regards

            Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de