Debian-Day at LinuxTag

From: Alexander Schmehl <alexander@schmehl.info>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 15:45:38 CEST

Good Morning!

It looks quite good for the Debian-Day at this years LinuxTag.

So far I got the following proposals:

Speaker: Goswin "mrvn" von Brederlow
Topic: Debian archive structure ...

Speaker: Joey Schulze
Topic: Scope, work and technique of security.debian.org

Speakers: Andreas "aba" Barth, Martin "zobel" Zobel-Helas
Topic: Scope and Deployment of volatile.debian.net

Speaker: Luk Claes
Topic: Internationalisation (i18n) and Localisation (l10n)

Speaker: Norbert "nobse" Tretkowski
Topic: Backporting practice

Speaker: n. n.
Topic: The Debian Women Project

Speaker: Joerg "Ganneff" Jaspert
Topic: building bootable multi-arch CDs

Speaker: Michael "azeem" Banck
Topic: The Ubuntu Development and Community Model: Simularities and Differences To Debian

Speaker: Andreas Tille
Topic: Custom Debian Distributions
Comment: Andreas fears, it might become boring, since he covered
                that topic a couple of times already. So, if someone
                comes up with a new idea for a talk, we could drop this
                one in favour of the new one (Andreas, I hope I
                summarized this correctly?)

That makes a total of nine talks. So we can easily fill a Debian-Day
from 9:00 to 18:00 with hourly talks and no lunch break (That would be
the same as last year).

Dear speakers, please send me an abstract of your talks soon, if
possible include some URLs about material to read further.

Well, since this worked that well, let's try to get a step further: How
about some kind of conference preceedings? Should we try collect papers /
slides / whatever for the talks before LinuxTag, and have some printouts
ready? I don't think it would be a problem to print some of them at my
university (as long as you don't write entire books ;)

Or do you think, that it is sufficient, to have some of the speakers
upload their talks and just set links? IIRC that didn't worked very
well in the last years.

So yes, I hearby request the speakers to get their slides / papers /
whatever ready soon enough for us to print them, and to license their
talk under a license, which would allow us to distribute them (Note: It
is a request, not a demand).

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander

--