Debian-Day talks [Re: Linuxtag in germany...]

From: Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 13:21:20 CEST

Alexander Schmehl <alexander@schmehl.info> writes:

> Any volunteers for talks during Debian-Day? Any wishes for topics to
> cover?

I listened to the talk about the Debian archive structure and making
your own repository and found it seriously lacking (as did several
others).

So this year I would like to volunteer to talk about it. I've
maintained my own private archive for years and did most of the work
for the debian-amd64 archive and I maintain debmirror.

Chapters for my talk would be:

- Archive layout from the view of the user (apt/dselect/aptitude)
  How does it all interconnect? What file is what? What kind of
  freedom does that leave to organize your own archive?

- Debians layout in the past and present (non-pool and pool structure)

- Other layouts for different jobs (snapshot.debian.net, backports, ...)

- Tools to create a debian mirror or archive (rsync, demirror,
  dpkg-scan*, apt-ftparchive, debpool, reprepro, dak)

- Britney or why is testing so damn difficult?

So if you want me to hold that talk this year let me know.

I can also do a talk about the multiarch proposal. That should
probably be more an introduction to the proposal and then discussion
about it. Only intresting for developers as its mostly technical.

If anyone has questions already feel free to send them to me so I can
check if they are covered already or add them to the talks.

MfG
        Goswin