Re: CeBIT booth

From: Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org>
Date: Tue Mar 29 2005 - 11:24:23 CEST

Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> > But for this Debian, better a lot of Debian people, have to leave it's
> > position of social Darwinism which says that only people who pay all
> > the bills by their own are allowed to participate in a booth.
>
> Who ever said this? Hell, no! Take the CeBIT example:
> - Accomodation: By private, for free
> - Train-Ticket: Ask FFIS, paid by donation

(this is probably only valid for a limited number of people, as it doesn't
make sense to pay 20 train tickets when there are 20 developers around
anyway even without the 20 more).

> - Food: Well, this year it was a bit low, but it's normaly
> hardly possible to pay your food yourself during CeBIT
>
> I don't know of any case, where someone said: "I'm willing to be there
> and do that, but need a trainticket" who didn't got one.

PS: Maybe it's time to start thinking about what to do during / at LinuxTag
    this year?

--
Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect.