Re: CeBIT booth

From: Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de>
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 23:17:12 CET

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 09:27:05PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > only in German, but we should take this serious. Perhaps some
> > people have a different kind of humor than we at the Debian booth:
> >
> > http://linuxlog.de/item/cebit2005ernuechterndeeindrueckegrosseerwartungen
> >
> > I certainly know that other opinions exist but this should not
> > happen anyway.
>
> To be honest, that's similar to showing up on a Debian booth asking
> for SuSE support. What the &**** do people expect? *wonders*
Ack - and it is still a B2B fair. What do those people expect their?
When I visited the CeBit for the first time (this was during the best times
of the .com bubble) I found it nice to get some mouse pads but that was it.
The rest of the fair was really boring for me cause as teenager you've no
millions to spend in contracts to buy hardware from that chinese guys.
Companys going to fairs expect to sell things! It's not a temple of love for
endusers! It's a temple of lies!

Beeing a little bit more friendly wouldn't be that bad but let's wait what
the people involved have to say about it. It's always good to hear both sides.

Sven

--
If God passed a mic to me to speak
I'd say stay in bed, world