Re: Debian at Chemnitzer Linuxtage 2005

From: Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de>
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 22:29:11 CET

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, Thomas Templin wrote:

> Thats a very good example and another problem of most Debian DD's I
> see. Wait until someone does the work for you you don't like to do.
Well, I see just no reason to beg people to use what I wrote for
them. Why should I. I have not even time to develop all things
I want to develop. Can you tell me any reason why should I go
araound and beg people to use something they do not want to use
according to their own opinion? Hey, if it would be a job I would
be payed for I might have to do this. But I decided to leave
this job for anyone else - and I guess it is a job you can perfectly
live from but **I** do not want to live from this job neither do
I want to spend my spare time with it.

> If I read 'Just go for it' I ask myself, why should I.
> You don't get the intention of my suggestions.
> Partnership means to work together for the benefit of all
> participants/partners.
Definitely.

> 'Just go for it' says to me, 'The work is mine the pearls are yours.'
Well, I think I did a certain amount of work and I just got
the kind of pearls I really want: The thanks of a small but good amount
of users and developers. I do not want other pearls and I neither do
want asking people to give me more / other pearls - I just want to
continue working the way I feel it is reasonable.

Kind regards

             Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de