Re: Debian at Chemnitzer Linuxtage 2005

From: Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de>
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 16:25:29 CET

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, Thomas Templin wrote:

> Knoppix is an universe of its own, at least it's becoming an universe
> of its own.
> But diferent universe's could be shown as bubbles, a bit like bathing
> foam. :-)
> Which is quite close to what state of the art amongst cosmologists /
> in cosmology.
I see it like you - but where to draw the borderline?

> That's one of the biggest problem Debian has. There are only a
> handfull DD's who are good presenters.
> As I like to say, "The more geniality the more they tend to behave
> autistic." :-))
Well, the other reason might be that they just work on different fields
and just do not have any time to learn about CDDs.

> May be we should start to look for allied partners who will give the
> reccources to enforce debian-med developing.
As I said: At first wee need upstream development.

> Have you ever introduced debian-med to developing countries, eg. by
> visiting their national boothes on CeBIT fair and trying to find
> someone who will listen to your offers?
> If not, you may find me at CeBIT...
I'll be at CeBIT on 15. + 16. 4. But I refuse to do advertising for
Debian-Med. I'm sorry, I'm a very bad salesman and if people *want*
the stuff I'm offering for free and what I persent on several events
(see my talks listing) they can have it. I will not go to them and
try to convince anybody.
But some of them noticed the work ...

> As always, the one and only problem are reccources...
> What have you done to dig for?
I always "redirect" people from Debian-Med to GnuMed.

> Do you know someone who may assist you in digging for reccources?
Just go for it

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de