Re: Debian at Systems, Munich (10/18 - 10/22)

From: Thomas Templin <templin@gnuwhv.de>
Date: Sat Oct 16 2004 - 13:16:00 CEST

On Saturday 16 October 2004 03:26, Michael Banck wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As mentioned on the Events list recently, we will have a small
> booth during the Systems, along with some other Free Software
> projects, most notably Skolelinux. Systems takes place from Monday,
> Oct. 18th till Friday, Oct. 22nd.
There will be 3 People from Skolelinux, Martin Hertweg, Patrick
Willam, and me.

We will have one desk for Debian / Skolelinux, so it might become a
bit crowdy. (c:

> The booth will be located in Hall A2, booth number 534. We will not
> have much space, so only limited hardware and personal is required.
>
> As hardware, we will have a Shuttle i386 box with an LCD, provided
> by Shuttle. Further, we will display Debian on a Mac SE/30 (m68k),
> to demonstrate the portability. Possibly, we will also have an
> additional i386 notebook, if enough space is available. Credativ
> have kindly provided us with Flyers and DVDs, to hand out to
> interested visitors.
>
> The booth schedule is not finalized yet, so if some of you still
> want to come to Munich to man the booth, please write me a mail. We
> could still need some help in the mornings and for the first couple
> of days. I could provide limited accomodation.
>
> Joey has written that we have a number free tickets for Systems.
> However, it turned out in the fine print that we will have to pay
> for those as well. In any case, we have three exhibitor's passes we
> will have to share between the booth personel. If some of the
> attendees were able to gain access to Systems through other
> channels (e.g., the c't magazine handed out visitor's passes for
> their subscribers), this would be appreciated.
>
> For those Debian Developers visiting Munich during Systems on
> behalf of their employer, we will probably try to have a meeting
> some time next week, perhaps on Thursday. Discussion will take
> place on debian-muc and then announced on debian-events-eu as well.

I'm looking for a lift from Systems Munich to Berlinux Berlin on Fri.
22. Oct. If anyone goes from Systems Munic to Berlinux Berlin who can
give me a lift that would be great.

Bye,
Thomas