Re: critics about our presence at LinuxTag 2004

From: Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 11:05:45 CEST

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 10:40:29AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:

> > > Now you have lost me. About what "boot thingy" talk are you talking? And
> > > why "is going to be"?
> >
> > "talk at the booth" thingy.
>
> AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa... One missing character and the sentence gets
> an entire new meaning...

Yeah, sorry.

> > Not sure, but i am not convinced you can held a 15 minute presentation
> > at the booth, at least not in the conditions we had this year.
>
> Wasn't it planned to have scheduled presentations of the new Debian-Installer?
> Isn't that the same?

No idea, as i was not officially part of the booth personal. I did help
a guy to do the install though.

That said, the way the booth was setup, there where FAI demos on the
right, and merchandise sells on the right, so the only place where d-i
demos could have been made where on the projector at the center, not
sure this was solution for "in the booth" presentations though, as the
table in the middle of the booth may have caused problems.

Friendly,

Sven Luther