Re: critics about our presence at LinuxTag 2004

From: Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de>
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 00:52:01 CEST

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 12:06:52AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

> > > Well, we would not let visitors go there, just debian folk. And maybe
> > > LinuxTag could sponsor the space to us ? After all, it would be the same
> > > price for them either it is unused or sponsored to us.
> >
> > No it would not. The space would be used, so they need to pay for
> > it. If it isnt, like this year, they dont pay for it.
>
> Oh, i understand. LinuxTag has to pay the owner of the building for it.
> Ok, understood. No problem, in this case let's ask the owner (The
> Karlsruhe city ?) for sponsorship and donation of that free space :)
*argh* Must be very hard to understand. The "Karlsruher Messe und
Kongresszentrum" short KMK is the owner of all the halls we use. They are a
commercial organisation not some kind of wellfare from the goverment. They
want to make money with their infrastructure not sponsor you. And the
LinuxTag e.V. will not give you more space cause the Debian booth itself is
one of the bigest sponsored projects. So please stop whining and accept
that you cannot use everything like you would like to use it.
Be happy with the solution for the hacking arear or organize a sponsor for it.

Sven

--
It ain't so bad bein' alone if you know it'll never last nothing lasts forever
'cept the certainly of change and love's the same It's a game with simple rules