Re: LinuxTag2004 - DVD Image

From: Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 19:57:17 CEST

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 04:58:44PM +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> * Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> [040601 09:34]:
>
> >> Yes, there will be a DVD for the LT, even if this announcement is a bit
> >> late.
> >> We will have a DVD that can boot both, i386 and powerpc machines.
> >> Its based on the image Gaudenz mentioned here a while ago.
> > I would like to test that image on non pmac hardware, and eventually add
> > some fixes if it needs to.
>
> We'll try to get it online on my university, as soon as possible (if
> possible at all).

Ok, tell me where, and i will try to get it. Alternatively, you could
burn and send me the DVD over snail mail, and i send you money for it or
something such, would probably be faster :) Provided you have access to
a DVD burner, that is.

> >> But well, we use d-i, which is tested a lot, so I hope there isnt a big
> >> bug in this image (that isnt in d-i too). :)
> > which version of d-i does it include ?
>
> IIRC the daily testing build; well, Jörg should answer that.

I have a feeling that one of the beta or rc versions would be a better
solution, i suppose you include the cdrom builds only. Maybe you could
also include the 2.6 cdrom stuff, even if it is not available in the
default netinst isos and such.

Friendly,

Sven Luther