Re: Microsoft at LinuxTag

From: Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 23:44:08 CEST

* Wouter Verhelst:

> On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 11:23:45PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> * Sebastian Raible:
>>
>> > My personal feeling still is: There is no room for Microsoft at
>> > LinuxTag.
>>
>> At least Microsoft funds development of free software.
>
> Such as?

The Glasgow Haskell Compilation system, which is shipped by Debian.
IIRC, some of the developers work for Microsoft Research, and GHC is
related to their work there.

The Interix port of the GNU toolchain is the another project, but it's
not very relevant to Debian.

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: bigpond.com, di-ve.com, fuorissimo.com, hotmail.com,