Re: schedule for DebianDay at LinuxTag 2.0

From: Daniel E. Atencio Psille <dea@atencio.de>
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 23:08:23 CEST

Am Do, den 27.05.2004 schrieb Joerg Jaspert um 23:47:
> "Daniel E. Atencio Psille" <dea@atencio.de> writes:
>
> > Last year it took me more than the 30 (really nice) minutes scheduled --
> > and I was only backporting.
>
> IIRC I was in that talk. And left it after about 5 or max. 10 minutes
> because you talked about toooo much details. And I wasn't the only one
> leaving for this reason, I can remember at least 5 others.
>
> > To be honest, I (joining the audience) wouldn't expect too anything
> > else than a hard and short HOWTO. As long as you dont intend to do
> > more it might work -- but the title arises more exceptions.
>
> That things called "Einführung" for some reasons. What do you excpect
> from a introduction?

You're asking the wrong one, my expectations are humble ;) Personally,
I'd expect an expllanation the basic concepts in conjunction with a
short demonstration/explanation/HOWTO and a reference list. This is what
I would expect from 20 minutes titled "Introduction in Packaging".

> > On the other hand, I'll talk quite a bit about packaging (less
> > technical, more conceptual and organizational) on Saturday (1700 -- I
> > start to love this time ;) so you maybe could point the curious in your
> > audience to this talk ;)
>
> Umm.

Please, don't misunderstand me. I never wanted you to urge to make your
talk longer, more exhaustive, whatever than you ever planned to. If it
is your opinion that 20 minutes will suffice than you're certainly
right. My opinion is that 20 minutes may be a little bit short and
that's what I wanted to point out referring to last year's speech.

Also (in addition to the smilies) my suggestion to point anybody curious
to my talk is not meant to please my personal vanity. It's just the fact
that I'll be giving a speech about (something like) software management
"in" Debian and I guess that someone still curious after your speech
might take profit from it (and visit LinuxTag an Saturday as well and
listen to all the other speakers too ;).

> --
> bye Joerg

Best regards,

Daniel