Re: CDD-corner again

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 14:47:32 CEST

Michael Banck wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 01:32:11PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Cosimo Alfarano wrote:
> >
> > > As told to you privately, I'll probably be at LinuxTag, so can help with
> > > CDD corner.
> > >
> > > As you know, I'm currently involved only in CDD generic infrastructure,
> > > not in -med, -edu and others, so cannot help you with specific issues,
> > > but I support it.
> > Thanks. I guess it is also useful to give some general CDD information and
> > just know, when Debian-Edu or Debian-Med people are back from a talk or
> > whatever. People who are really interested will have no problem with this
> > I guess.
>
> Something else to keep in mind: People were asking about specific almost
> as frequently as they did for specific sub-project. For example, I
> remember we had an alpha box in one corner of the booth and a couple of
> people asked me about the specs or the status of support and so. Same
> story with Sven's pegasos board, IIRC.

To get around this, please take a look at pictures from last year[1]
(or years) and see how the Linux-Portierungen booth has managed this.
They have created posters for all machines that contained basic
information about the machines so that visitors can read something
without having to pester the booth personal all the time.

I guess this would be a good idea for the Debian booth as well.

1. http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2003/pictures.html
   http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2002/pictures.html

> Perhaps it would be nice if people who bring more exotic hardware would
> also prepare a small note with some information like hardware specs,
> which distribution of Debian is running on it, whether it is fully
> supported and perhaps a contact address.

Fully agreed.

> For the sake of consistency, we could also collect the information in
> advance and prepare a common layout for those notes.

If you have something you want me to place on the preparation web
pages, please drop me a line.

Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessarily a good idea.