Linuxtag Chemnitz next weekend (2004-03-06 to 2004-03-07)

From: Noèl Köthe (noel@debian.org)
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 22:15:46 CET

Hello together,

next weekend Debian will be present at the Linuxtag Chemnitz
(http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag). We will have a booth with 3 80x80
tables: http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/2004/allgemeines/plan/ (top
left corner)

Thomas Lange and Constantin Hellweg will present FAI
(http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/) on one of these tables. They
bring their own hardware to chemnitz (afaik 2 computer with TFT
monitors).

Daniel Priem send me hardware for this event (thanks!):
- one i386 machine with a beamer
- two i386 machines with two 15" TFT displays
- one i386 router for the network with a complete Debian mirror on it (I
will update it on Thuesday the last time before the event)
- a network switch
- network and power cables

So we have enough hardware now the people.:)
I registered the following people for the booth so they will get free
entry:

- Alexander Schmehl
- me (Noèl Köthe)
- Andreas Tille (speaker, Custom Debian Distributions)
- Thomas Lange (speaker, FAI)
- Martin Loschwitz (speaker, Debian)

(Andreas Müller will be present at the gnoppix booth)

Norbert T, Constantin H. and Daniel G. will come too, afaik, but I only
was allowed to register 5 people to one booth.

We will have the full Debian merchandising stuff there;):
- flyer (german, english)
- pins
- sticker
- maybe we will burn some CDs for the real interested people
- poster (only for the booth not to give/sell away; the printer still
has problems with the tiff from Ayo but it will be fixed, sorry)
- Debian T-Shirts from Andreas with a Debian swirl

I think we will show the sarge Debian-installer and the package
management on the beamer and will help people with their problems on one
of the TFT machines.

I will arrive with Peter Eisentraut (postgresql) and Andreas Müller
(Debian, Gnoppix) on Friday around 18-19 o'clock and setup the booth.

We will sleep in the gymhall "Uni-Sporthalle auf dem Campus"
(http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/2004/allgemeines/uebernachtung.html)

Any comments/other ideas?

--
Noèl Köthe <noel debian.org>