Linuxtag 2k4

From: Joerg Jaspert (joerg@debian.org)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 00:35:03 CET

Hi

This is mainly to inform you that i taken the "main organiser of the
Debian booth" job from Martin 'Joey' Schulze.

Not much todo yet, its still enough time.
Just something for the archives:
- We have enough i386 hardware and a beamer sponsored. (Sponsored from
  Daniel Priem). So only if we want to show non-i386 stuff we need to
  bring it there.
- I already got a question from another project forwarded. Its based on
  Debian, so it may use a bit of space on our booth. (Adamantix in this
  case, maybe SkoleLinux too). If there are other projects based on
  Debian we may give them a bit of space too.
  Ok, depends on how much space we have for the booth, but this space
  depends on what we ask Joey for (and what we tell him we want to do).
  So projects please ask so we can use this information in our plans.
- If you want access to the LinuxTag site on infodrom.org (Project
  Debian) ask me, i can do this too.
  BTW Joey, this site still says "2003". :)

Things on the Todo for now, please suggest things to add:

- CD/DVD. We need
  a.) Money. Somone (Grisu?) needs to get in contact with our sponsors.
  b.) A usable d-i on the $arch we want on the CD/DVD. I386 works,
      powerpc too IMO. Other $arch i dont know (yet).
      BTW: Is it possible to have a single CD/DVD dual-boot on
      different $arch?. Ie it can boot on i386 AND powerpc (AND maybe
      sparc/alpha/whatever).
- A plan for the booth.
- A plan of the people manning the booth. Im there with 95% but this
  one has a late end date. :)

--
bye Joerg
Die Dicke zum Spiegel: Spieglein, Spieglein an der Wand, wer ist die