Re: 2nd CFP: FOSDEM DevRoom

From: Wouter Verhelst (wouter@grep.be)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 11:58:15 CET

Op wo 04-02-2004, om 00:57 schreef Michael Banck:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 02:40:43PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> Any feedback so far?

Not much.

> > Due to organizational issues, the Debian DevRoom will be shared with the
> > people from the Free Java community. We agreed on a schedule that gives
> > both groups three hours to talk about subjects specific to them, and
> > have allocated the remaining three hours to subjects that are, or could
> > be, of interest to both groups. As Arnaud Vandyck will be giving a talk
> > about Java packaging for Debian, that leaves two shared hours and three
> > Debian-specific ones.
>
> Well, first off, I guess the talks should be directed either towards
> advanced users/hackers or towards debian developers, right?

That's the idea, yes.

[...]
> 3. 'Embrace and extent Gentoo: apt-src'
> I haven't played with apt-src myself yet, but I think it has big
> potential for people who like to compile their stuff. If somebody has
> intimate knowledge about this, I'd be quite interested in hearing about
> it. (This talks would be directed at hackers and DDs)
>
> 4. '5 Reasons why Debian Sarge will Rock Big Time'
> Sarge is not far away, and we should draw some attention to it. Now, I'm
> not sure I can present 5 reasons already, but here's a first shot at it:
> 1. d-i/base-config
> 2. apt-src
> 3. OOo/GNOME-2.4/KDE-3.x
> 4. New security features perhaps?
> 5. foo
> (This talk goes to end users)
>
> If nobody steps up, and slots are still to be filled, I might take on
> talks 3. or 4., if other people think they would be nice to have.

So, can I take that as meaning you volunteer to give a talk? ;-)

That would make the schedule more or less complete; there would still be
two slots for Debian/Java talks, but apart from that...

--
Wouter Verhelst
Most people have two reasons for doing anything -- a good reason, and