2nd CFP: FOSDEM DevRoom

From: Wouter Verhelst (wouter@grep.be)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 14:40:43 CET

Hi all,

On FOSDEM[1], a yearly developers' meeting in the city of Brussels,
Debian will have a Developers' Room at its disposal. For those not
familiar with the term: a DevRoom is a room dedicated to one project or
area of interest, where people connected to that project or area can
organize talks and/or other things of interest, aside from the official
talks which are organized by the event organizers themselves.

Due to organizational issues, the Debian DevRoom will be shared with the
people from the Free Java community. We agreed on a schedule that gives
both groups three hours to talk about subjects specific to them, and
have allocated the remaining three hours to subjects that are, or could
be, of interest to both groups. As Arnaud Vandyck will be giving a talk
about Java packaging for Debian, that leaves two shared hours and three
Debian-specific ones.

I sent a first CFP on January 7th[2], but have not received any reaction
yet, so I'm trying to widen my audience a bit now. People interested in
giving a talk in the Debian DevRoom at FOSDEM about any subject, Debian
specific or shared Java/Debian, should contact me at wouter@grep.be or
wouter@debian.org (at their option) with details about the subject of
the talk, so that it can be planned in. Given the general context of the
event, which is aimed at developers rather than users, talks should be
of a more or less technical manner, and should have a duration of about
one hour.

Also, it should be noted that the Debian project will have a booth at
FOSDEM as well, and that the event organizers told me they'd try to make
sure the booth is as close to the DevRoom as possible (so as to make it
possible for people interested in both the booth and the DevRoom to go
from one to the other without having to walk too far). Although I have
received offers to help man the Debian booth by various people, extra
help in that area is still welcome (even if not as urgent as people
offering to give talks).

[1] http://www.fosdem.org/
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-events-eu/2004/debian-events-eu-200401/msg00011.html

--
Wouter Verhelst
"Stop breathing down my neck." "My breathing is merely a simulation."