Re: flights to debconf4 from germany

From: Steve McIntyre (steve@einval.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 11:53:44 CET

[ Please note cross-post ]

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 12:14:21AM +0100, No?l K?the wrote in debian-events-eu:
>Hello,
>
>FYI:
>
>If you want to fly to debconf4 (http://www.debconf.org/debconf4/) from
>germany (Frankfurt am Main) you may find it interesting that there are
>not many free seats left.
>
>I'm writing this because debconf4 is at the same time of Pfingsten in
>germany and many other people will travel in this time so it might be
>clever to get a flight.:)

I investigated the possibility of getting a Debian-only charter flight
or similar from London, but it hasn't worked out. The best prices
we're currently looking at from the UK are ~GBP 600 with Varig from
London Heathrow, booking with ebookers.

If anybody's interested, there's a thread of discussion on the
debian-uk list at

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/pipermail/debian-uk/2004-January/001927.html

Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,
Tongue-tied & twisted, Just an earth-bound misfit, I...