Re: next events: FOSDEM + Chemnitzer Linuxtag

From: Michael Banck (mbanck@debian.org)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 00:42:56 CET

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 11:24:17PM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> [2004-01-08 00:12]:
> > If we get around to print a couple of posters, I'd vote for a poster of
> > the current flyer. I believe we could save on quite a few flyers if
> > people stop by our booth and read the poster first, and not just grab
> > the flyer to 'perhaps read when I'm back home'. Also, that will get us
> > perhaps some attention from people passing by.
>
> I was talking about posters to sell and put on the wall at home,

ah, ok.

> but yeah, printing posters with information is certainly an option. I
> think the flyer might contain too much information for a poster,
> though

Hmm, maybe. But it can't hurt if we put a poster behind a stack of
flyers. That way, a couple/some/lots of people might rather read the
poster and stay for a chat than just take the flyer and go. I can't back
that up with data, obviously :)

> (and I thought there were posters at LinuxTag summarizing Debian;
> correct me if I'm wrong).

Maybe, but there were only a couple of key phrases on them I think.

Michael