Re: Reviews from PI Giessen, LIT Dresden, LWE Frankfurt (Sorry, I'm late)

From: Michael Banck (mbanck@debian.org)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 17:04:28 CET

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 03:04:15PM +0100, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
[review from Linux World Expo Frankfurt, late October]

> An other interesting visitor asked for a company, who could provide
> support for Debian. They were using Debian in some parts of their
> company, and are quite sufficient. Now they would like to use it on
> 'much other computers'. We introduced him to the Credativ people on
> the PostgreSQL booth, but that didn't work, since he came from Siemens
> and defined 'much' as more than 10'000. But he promised to recommend
> Credativ and Debian to the Department for the smaller projects. Sigh.

Now that HP officially says it's doing Debian support, can we recommend
them to european customers of that order of magnitude? Are there any
other support people who could handle 10'000 installations?

Or should DDs at trade shows rather stay neutral and say: 'Debian does
no support, go find out yourself who does it'?

Michael