Re: Expo things

From: Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 14:09:21 CEST

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 09:52:07PM +1000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> [2003-10-01 13:12]:
> > BTW, isn't this the same artist who did the nice DebianLogo gdm
> > graphical greater, which couldn't go into the gdm package because it was
> > non-free ? Could you ask about this also if you are at it ?
>
> If you point me to the archived discussion of this.

Mmm, searching, here is one opinion on it, from Jeff Waugh :

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-gtk-gnome/2003/debian-gtk-gnome-200306/msg00003.html

But here :

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-wnpp/2003/debian-wnpp-200306/msg00278.html

is the message i was referencing from Josselin Mouette :

          If you are talking about the wonderful theme using Ayo73's wallpaper,
        there is surely a reason to that : the background is non-free. I've
        asked permission to distribute it in a DFSG-free manner, but he hasn't
        answered yet.

        This theme, as well as some other nice ones, could be distributed in a
        separate gdm-themes-nonfree package, but I'd like to avoid maintaining a
        package in non-free.

Nothing ever came of it though, as far as i can see it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther