Re: Language of talks at LinuxTag

From: Michael Banck (mbanck@debian.org)
Date: Sat Jul 19 2003 - 00:21:35 CEST

Joey, -events-eu,

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 01:32:39PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> It started as German exhibition and conference but became a European
> event. Hence, some talks are already held in English, some exhibitors
> come from oversees and speak English (some speak German as well, though).

Not exactly an follow-up, but I didn't exactly knew where to reply to
and wasn't inclined to open up a new thread about it:

Some people complained/were irritated that the Free Software
workshops/track (or whatever you call it, I'm talking about the program
the Debian Day was in) wasn't announced more widely. For example, I've
seen a couple of people at the Debian booth looking at the timetable
diplayed there (halfway hid behind a monitor, somebody pointed it out
for them) and saying: 'Huh? Didn't know there was a talk about
FreeBSD/Debian foo/whatever, how bad I missed it'.

In case these talks can't be put into the official event handout (e.g.
because the schedule is decided on only after the printing, or the
sponsors don't want that in the offcial program) I urge for advertizing
it a bit more. I know there were small posters next to the official
program at the entrance on Saturday on Sunday at least, but overall the
visibility could be a bit increased I guess.

Michael