debian at ccc camp

From: Rico -mc- Gloeckner (mc@ukeer.de)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 23:48:52 CEST

Okay, so i got some kick-in-the-ass and am trying to organize it.[1]

So the first thing is - are there any people volunteering for the
debian-"booth" at ccc camp? I think 5-10[2] people should be sufficient
to run it. Please email me off-list if you are interested.

Secondly, we would need some Place and i think we have the following
 - someone organizes a RedCross-like Tent[3] and some tables and chairs.
 - we can get a professional tent with tables and chairs, but that would
   cost something, so unless we find a sponsor this is not a good
   choice.

I put the deadline for getting people and tent together to August 3rd,
so if either not enough people volunteered or there is no way to get a
"decent" place for the booth, i will mail the list that it didnt work
out.

(I however think it makes sense that we first should get people together
and THEN be asking for tents.)

cheers.

[1] As pointed out earlier, i did never do such a thing before, so any
help will be greatly appreciated.

[2] The more the better, we should have an atleast-coverage of people
(2?) at the booth all the time and people will want to leave the booth
for this and that.

[3] I *might* be able to get such a redcross tent, however i will be
dependent on someone else to get there, so i will be there probably
only by Thursday, not by Wednesday :-/

--
| Rico -mc- Gloeckner  |  mv ~/.signature `finger mc@ukeer.de` |
|  Encrypted Mails preferred:                   1024D/61F05B8C |