Re: Language of talks at LinuxTag

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 22:09:47 CEST

Christoph Siess wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 01:17:50PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 01:12:32PM +0200, Anders Dybdal wrote:
> > > Is it me or is LinuxTag a GERMAN LinuxDay, in Germany?? Hence, isnt it
> > > supposed to be in german?!?
> >
> > Yeah, DebConf is in Oslo, so all the talks should be in norwegian, if
> > you ask me.
>
> That's not the point. DebConf is a internation event, LinuxTag not....

Well... we're trying to... We're also improving. At least the website
is fully bilingual this year and there are several English-only speakers
and talks in English although the speakers talk German as well. Check
the conference program on the website, there should be a flag telling
you which talks were helt in english actually.

Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessarily a good idea.