Re: -Events-

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 16:47:31 CEST

I am awfully sorry, but could somebody translate what amu wrote?
I only grok the last sentence, but that's the most irrelevant part.

For the moment it would probably be helpful to write down the problems
in particular so they don't get lost. This input could also be used
to update the checklists:

http://www.debian.org/events/admin
http://www.debian.org/events/booth
http://www.debian.org/events/checklist

and the event organisation @ infodrom.org

Problems that I remember:

 1. amu promised to send me updates for the staff list but didn't.

 2. amu did not add booth members to the staff list and didn't reply
    to mail. In order to not step on his toes I tried to force people
    to cc me in the last mail to amu when they pestered me to add
    people

 3. I don't have a proposed booth map from Debian for LT03

 4. I don't have a definitive plan of what is to be demonstrated,
    all I have is a bunch of hardware people can provide and a
    cryptic list of booth shifts -- which are hoplessly irrellevant
    if nobody kicks people from the booth.

1. + 2. didn't harm only because I'm not only organising LinuxTag
but also helping with the Debian presence. However, I really don't
want to organise the Debian booth when I have absolutely *NO* chance
of manning the booth and taking care of it.

3. and 4 are a problem because I can only assign a smaller booth.
You could consider it just bad luck, though. This time, two fortunate
coincidences increased the small booth, so you didn't notice that.

Hence, for LinuxTag 2004 I have to call for a different person for
organising the booth for Debian.

--
WARNING: Do not execute!  This software violates patent EP0850441.
http://www.elug.de/projekte/patent-party/patente/EP0850441