[LT Infomail#3] WLAN, Press, Lifts, Social Event - Debian

From: Martin Schulze (joey@linuxtag.org)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 09:05:27 CEST

http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2003/infomail-3.html
[ available in a couple of hours ]

1. Wavelan Planning: Access Points

   Our Wavelan expert anticipates problems when you hook your own WLAN
   access point to the network. Therefore, I'd like to ask and urge
   you not to do this without prior negotiation with Henning
   Wackernagel, who is reachable through our office at the LinuxTag.

   If you have an access point of your own that you would like to
   drive during LinuxTag, in order to help gate the booth lan into the
   wlan and/or to improve wlan accessability, please come to our
   office first and talk to Henning.

2. Wavelan Planning: Gateway

   If your project anticipates problems or is unable to to connect the
   booth lan to the exhibition wlan, please get in touch with me so we
   can discuss the problems with Henning and fix them before LinuxTag,
   which should save us a lot of grief and pain next month.

   Also, if you are unable to connect your booth lan to the exhibition
   wlan due to missing equipment, please also drop me a line so we can
   see if Henning can acquire backup machines for this task.

3. Press Releases

   I have been told that LinuxTag is able to publish press releases
   and use their channels for some projects if you have important news
   to announce. Proper news for such press releases would be "Debian
   3.1 released" or something similar or less ground-breaking. If you
   believe that you would like to use this service, please get in
   touch with Joey for details before the event.

4. Organisation of Lifts

   Since I've seen questions from people looking for a lift to/from
   LinuxTag with or without computer cargo, I guess that I should
   information about the organisation of shared lifts. Some people are
   even going to Karlsruhe daily (they live less than 100km near
   by). If you are looking for others to carry with you or if you are
   looking for somebody who can give you and your equipment a lift, it
   may be worth looking at and writing to the [43]FahrGemeinschaften
   Wiki page.

5. Social Event

   Finally, it has been sorted out where the social event will take
   place an what it will cost. This year's social event, which is
   usually a quite amazing mixture of suits and shirts, will take
   place in the [44]substage, a closed underground crossing. For booth
   staff the price per ticket is EUR 15, for regular visitors and
   non-project staff the price per ticket is EUR 25. The ticket
   includes some food and regular fluids (non-alcoholic, beer, wine).

   All people who are registrated to the [45]system can use the
   reduced fee. If you are interested in attending, please mark the
   option field for social event in your personal data (Edit
   person). When you arrive at LinuxTag, please drop by at the office
   where you can pay and fetch the tickets from my collegues or me.

Best regards,