Re: Test the CD

From: Sven Hoexter (sven@timegate.de)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 18:27:49 CEST

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 05:51:41PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> writes:

Hi,

> > Please test the CD image extensively. Last year I received reports
> > that some things were broken on the CD which resulted in X loops or
>
> Last year cd had a little problem if you choosed the "Desktop
> Environment", "X System" and "German Language" in the tasksel
> step. Some package depended on another one, but apt or something didnt
> resolved all dependencies so that the dependency wasnt solved in the
> first step. That gives an error. A simple "Yes" to the question if you
> want to try it again solved the problem, everything configured fine
> then. *I* dont remember any other real problems right now.
> Maybe that is solved now, i havent had (enough) time to test it.
For what I know this is fixed or doesn't happen but I can provide you
with another strange prob listet in my todo list for a few weeks now.

When I choose the "X Window System" and "Desketop Enviroment" in tasksel
during the installation libgnomeprint-data fails to configure cause it
needs a configured libgnomeprint-bin. I had a look at the depends but I've
no clue why this happens. Anyway it would be nice to know if someone else
can confirm this issue?
This is not a show stopper cause you've just to hit enter to continue but
it's ugly.

Ah and I'm still wondering why debconf displays Yes/No buttons in a
enviroment with german localisation. Is this a debconf issue/bug/problem?

Sven

--
It really sucks to give your heart to a girl
You want to know her like she knows the whole world