Re: status update LT 2003 CD

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 12:28:20 CEST

Stefan Gybas wrote:
> Martin Schulze wrote:
>
> >># Blackdown JDK
> >I believe we should only distribute software which is considerably
> >free.
>
> Ok, that's fine with me. I just posted my additional entries from
> /etc/apt/sources.list. However, it would be nice if I didn't get 3 mails
> per week from people asking me how they can fulfil tomcat4's JDK
> dependency (even if this is mentioned in the package description)...

Provide a free implementation, would be my usual answer...

> > One of the requirements for additional packages for the Knoppix
> >DVD is that the software needs to be free. It would be real ashaming
> >if the Knoppix DVD would only contain free software and the Debian CD
> >made of the Debian Team would contain non-free software.
>
> JRE 1.3 and Acrobat reader have been part of Knoppix for a long time,
> even the CD edition. So unless Klaus has removed them, there is still
> non-free software on Knoppix. It's not that I like this, but there are
> no fully viable free alternatives. :-(

Only if you require additional features from acrobat that xpdf doesn't
provide. Unforatunately LinuxTag sortof does due to the editable
format fields in the entrance ticket.

If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi