Re: Debian Day @ LinuxTag 2003

From: Alexander Reelsen (ref@tretmine.org)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 11:48:24 CEST

    Hi

    On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 07:17:21PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
    > Alexander Reelsen wrote:
    > > > We have been offered nine talks by seven people for the Debian Day.
    > > > There have been very little requests for topics though, hence, I
    > > > wonder if people are interested in a one day mini Debian conference
    > > > during LinuxTag at all.
    > > I, as a visitor, am very interested in Debian Day (I just don't have some
    > > topic to talk about) and will for sure attend it. Another idea would be to
    > Do you have some topics you would like to hear about instead?
    - Opinions/Experiences with Debian splitoffs (that TrustedDebian for
      example or commercial distributions), contact to developers of such
      projects, possibility/problems of upstream integration into main debian
      stream
    - Debian in embedded environments
    - Problems of the Debian Project out of the developers point of view
      (hopefully this is not too much covered in "State of the nation" ;-)

    I will post more ideas, if I get them... :)

    > Well, it is no problem not to maintain the workshop like a classic
    > talk but more like a discussion with the others. The only thing, the
    > moderator (or speaker) needs to take care about is that the audience
    > has to be able to physically understand what somebody else is saying
    > (i.e. by forcing people to stand up, speak from the front, having s/o
    > to repeat etc.).
    Right. Depends on the quantity of audience as well as the size of the
    room.

    > However, I believe that it is useful to prepare a short intro and
    > maybe two questions for the audience to start the discussion, but
    > that's it. So, no objection at all.
    Yepp. And enough controversial statements to always keep the discussion
    "on fire"...

    MfG/Regards, Alexander

    --
    Alexander Reelsen   http://tretmine.org