Re: Debian @ LSM

From: Axel Beckert (abe@deuxchevaux.org)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 23:38:39 CEST

    Hi!

    Andreas Tille schrieb am Thu, May 22, 2003 at 11:02:53PM +0200:
    > > Being so close to the German and Luxembourgish (sp? :) border, it
    > > should also be announced at least in Saarland and Luxembourg.
    > In fact when I attended LSM in 2000 and 2001 people came from
    > all over the world - even people from "Down under" ;-) joined and
    > this was much fun. Thus we talk about a real international event.

    Ok, so LSM should be announced in Saarland and Luxembourg independent
    of it's location. ;-) No, but I really think, that this location makes
    it more attractive for not-so-enthusiastic German free software fans.

    > > I urge the LSM organisers to really take care of these issues, if it's
    > > held again in Metz next year. (In the hope, it's held again in Metz
    > > and I hope the Unix-AG Saarbrücken will be able to help next year. :)
    > In my opinion it is not really important to be held in Metz

    No, but then it's closer to me. Pure egoism... ;-)

    > Helding a conference on one place is a profit IMHO to collect
    > experiences.

    Ack. So this counts now for Metz, doesn't it? ;-)

    > We have seen a big advance in Bordeaux from one year to the other.

    As we did with LinuxTag. Although there it seems, as if also the
    location advances. (Never was in Stuttgart at LinuxTag, but can't
    believe it's a good location for LinuxTag, know it from other fairs,
    saw the plans... Kaiserslautern was fine, but too small in the end.)

            Regards, Axel

    --
    Axel Beckert - abe@deuxchevaux.org - http://abe.home.pages.de/