Re: [presse] Re: Debian @ LSM

From: Ludovic Pénet (lpenet@nerim.net)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 13:57:52 CEST

    Le jeu 22/05/2003 à 13:39, Andreas Tille a écrit :
    > On Thu, 22 May 2003, Martin Schulze wrote:
    >
    > > I heard that there will be several Debian-related activities at LSM 2003.
    > > Who is in charge of its coordination?
    > Damn, they perfectly managed to hide this event from the interested public by
    >
    > a) not announcing it (at least not enough - see below)
    It was announced in France.

    > b) finding the same date as LinuxTag
    LinuxTag and LSM do not have the same public.

    > In January this year I asked former organizers from LSM in Bordeaux for a
    > conference this year. The only answer was that the people who did the real
    > work just burned out. I just told them that I regard the LSM as a real
    > important event and it would be a shame if it would not be held. That
    > was my last information.
    Yes, and it was true. In march, things changed and it became possible to
    organise the LSM in Metz.

    > They did put a hint on their web page about a changed location. I have to
    > admit that I have heard about "some kind of event in Metz" but no words
    > about the continuation of LSM tradition.
    Well, on http://lsm.abul.org/home.php3?langnew=en is written "LSM 2003
    will be held in Metz".

    > The fact that they just choose the same date as LinuxTag now disables me to
    > join even if I would really like to take part in LSM. :-(((
    Reality is cruel. ;-) For a lot of reasons, we had the choice between:
    no LSM and LSM at the same date than LinuxTag. As the public of the two
    meetings is not the same, I have little problem with this conflict.

    > If I look at the schedule I do not find any concrete facts and thus I wonder
    > whether they should try to shift the date to some date which does not conflict
    > with LinuxTag.
    ???

    http://rencontresmondiales.org/program/
    http://rencontresmondiales.org/program/calendrier.html