Re: My CeBIT review

From: Werner Heuser (Werner.Heuser@web.de)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 10:33:44 CET

    > The computer of the demonstration point has been brought by the LL people,
    > too. I just needed to set up a propper Debian system. I decided to use the
    > stable release (You might remember AJ's warning [2], that things will break,
    > when libc6 moves to testing), and use and show apt-pinning, but I had some
    > problems with the graphics card. It was some kind of ATI 128 card, which was
    > not supported by stables XFree 4.1. I tried to run it with the vesa and the
    > framebuffer driver, but both times X crashed several times. Then I found
    > out, that sarge's XFree 4.2 would support this chipset with the ati driver,
    > and so I installed testings XFree. But this didn't solved the problem. I
    > realy thought the hardware has been broken while transporting it - I phoned
    > the guy who used this machine daily, but he didn't had a good idea, too.

    If Debian needs a Linux laptop for presentations just ask me. I can try
    to get one from Xtops.DE (I'm also trying to get a beamer but
    currently this is much to expensive).

            Werner

    --
    |=| Werner Heuser = Keplerstr. 11A = D-10589 Berlin = Germany
    |=| <wehe at tuxmobil.org>     T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86