Re: FOSDEM booth

From: Russell Coker (russell@coker.com.au)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 00:00:46 CET

    On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 23:32, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
    > * Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> [2003-02-04 22:55]:
    > > Martin, are you the person who is managing this? If not then who is?
    >
    > I've been offered a stand for Debian, but I'm too busy right now to
    > manage this. If you are someone else would be willing to coordinate
    > things, that would be appreciated.

    I'm also very busy right now. Perhaps Remi would be a good person to
    co-ordinate this? Remi has an advantage by being more attached to Belgium
    than either of us (whether the .be in the email address means a citizen or a
    resident of Belgium it's surely a greater connection to the country than I
    have). Being "local" does help in running such a stand, local knowledge will
    make it easier to arrange things (being able to refer people to local LUGs,
    help arrange meetings, etc), and I think it gives a better feel for visitors
    to the booth.

    I don't think that being a developer is at all required for this, happy users
    are always good people to do such things (often better than developers).