Info for booth at FOSDEM

From: Martin Michlmayr (tbm@cyrius.com)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 22:14:05 CET

    ----- Forwarded message from Jan Gyselinck <jan@b0rken.net> -----

    From: Jan Gyselinck <jan@b0rken.net>
    Subject: Info for booth at FOSDEM
    Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:39:25 +0100
    To: fit@colony.be
            version=2.43

    (booth contactpersons in BCC)

    Hi,

    I got your addresses as contactpersons for a booth at FOSDEM.
    I wanted to inform you a bit about the infrastructure we will
    provide you with.

    We will supply you with power and network. This is easier
    said than done though, so it would be nice if you could
    bring long enough power- and networkcables, powerstrips
    and hubs/switches. Make sure you can minimally provide
    yourself with enough connections for power/network if
    you need more than one of each.

    Also, there will be the possibility to put a server online
    to provide some services to the network (website, ftpmirror,
    ircserver, ....). These services could then get a fixed IP
    and hostname assigned that can be announced to the crowd.
    Note that the servers on the LAN will only be available to
    the local crowd (internal IP's and hostnames). Also note
    that the uplink we have is not spectacular, so local mirrors
    could be handy.

    Regards

    Jan Gyselinck
    FOSDEM Info Team - Network