Re: Possible sponsors for debconf3

From: Andreas Schuldei (andreas@schuldei.org)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 09:33:31 CET

    * Andreas Tille (tillea@rki.de) [030127 09:09]:
    > On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
    >
    > > Here are some firms we could contact wrt sponsoring people to get to
    > > debconf3, especially to debcamp. After all, they benefit when Debian
    > > becomes better. Andreas, can you contact them?
    > I might step in here as well - I'm Andreas, too. ;-))
    >
    > > Springer Verlag: they have a Debian book
    > >
    > > IBM, HP, Sun, Compaq
    > Do you have any certain E-Mail addresses here. It might take a while
    > to get the right person. I'm wondering whether we could ask Tom Schwaller
    > (IBM) directly - but I know no Address. Regarding HP we might ask Bdale.

    finding the right people to talk to is allmost the whole
    challange and the most time consuming.

    i contacted bdale (no answer yet) and have the name and address
    of the responsibel person in europe at hp.

    other then that, i contacted SAP, IBM, SUN, HP, Dell, Lindows and trolltech.

    Lindows and trolltech will sponsor us,
    ibm asked for a two-page project description and reason to
    sponsor us (not sure if that is good), HP (see above), SAP, sun
    and Dell: no contact yet. ideas and initiatives are appreciated.

    furthermore i plan to contact intel, amd, via, sis, samsung,
    oracle, samsung, microsoft, the last one mostly for the sake of a
    good laugh (but, hey, i would take their money!).

    if someone wants to help, we should try to do that in a
    coordinated fashion. different people following each their own
    agenda might be the best way to ensure failiour. to be in the
    loop i will *even* subscribe to this mailinglist!

    > > LinuxLand
    > I hope they would be more responsive than to simple suport questions ...

    i dont expect much there.

    > > Lehmanns - http://www.lob.de/

    those you can scratch right away i feel. no good experiences
    here.