Re: Linux world expo Frankfurt

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 20:59:07 CEST

    Moin!

    Alexander Schmehl wrote:
    > c) Decide if we need additional furniture.
    > We get a small table, and a computer table/info point.
    > I think it would be nice, to have some kind of commode, to put away
    > our disks/shirts (see b). It's a business congress, and I don't
    > think our booth will look nice for them with different carboard
    > boxes lying arroung (and we have not as much tables to hide them as
    > at LinuxTag).
    > So I'll ask Fr. Käppel, if we can get one.

    Before ordering, please ensure that LWE is paying for it so you don't
    get a receipt you haven't expected.

    > <s>Company</s>Project: Debian GNU/Linux

    Why not "Debian Project"? You seem to confuse the product with the
    pproducer.

    > (Yes, I know some developers working on a Hurd and BSD port, but I
    > think adding GNU/Linux will tell those businessman, that we are a
    > distribution)

    I thought we were a project creating a distribution. I may be wrong,
    though. :-)

    > Street, land, city, phone, fax, contact person: Any good Idea?
    > Email: debian-user-german@lists.debian.org
    > Well, my first thought.

    I'd ask to include an URL there and nothing else: http://www.debian.org/

    Everything else doesn't make that much sense.

    > Product Description (max. 116 chars):
    > Debian is ein freies Betriebssystem und besteht aus über 8710
    > Programmen, deren Quelltext frei erhältlich ist.

    What about?

    Das Debian-Projekt besteht aus nahezu 1000 freiwilligen Entwicklern,
    die ein Freies Betriebssystem für Computer aller Art erstellen.

    > Advertisment:
    > =============
    > (Deadline: 30th of september)
    >
    > 1. Logos
    > They will send me their Logos via mail soon, well, they think it is
    > nice to make a link to their site, where you can pre-registrate your
    > visit for free (instead of pay when you arrive).

    We already link to their site from
    <http://www.debian.org/events/2002/1029-lwe>, which is the usual way.

    > Quite funny for me, who is doing that kind of organisation for the
    > first time :))

    Now you get an idea at least how expensive the projects booths at an
    exhibition are. LinuxTag has to ay similar fees for such equipment.

    Long noun chains don't automatically imply security.  -- Bruce Schneier