Re: Linuxtag 2002 - report from the swedish guy

From: Sven Hoexter (sven@telelev.net)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 15:45:39 CEST

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 01:44:49PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Jon Åslund wrote:

Hi,

> > > You mentioned the UnitedLinux effort, you may also want to mention
> > > that somebody from Debian (i.e. me) was forced to join the podium for
> > > an expert chat (unbelievable, I'm not even close to an expert)
> > > covering UnitedLinux. The log is at http://www.heise.de/chat/
> > > somewhere.
> >
> > Ah, thanks. Added a little link. I almost thought everyone had
> > forgotten about it. Weird chat though. It was filled with strange
That's a typical heise chat. IMHO these chats are nothing more then a
organized flamewar between the trolls normaly floating around in the
heise.de forum. So don't count to much on this "events".

> Yes, weird chat indeed. And I was about to start sleeping while
> typing, until I found something to fix the caffein cycle.
You looked like someone who realy needs some sleep after the chat ;)

> The chat
> system was very confusing as well, two windows that started scrolling
> and didn't stop... Very confusing.
heise chat - one window for the flamewars and one for the people to answer
the usefull questions. IMHO you did quite well for the 10min introduction
to UL in the office and on the other hand what has Debian to do with it
at all? It's a commercial project not intresting for Debian in any way
I can think of. So don't think about it too much.

I'll bet this is all forced by IBM cause they plan to buy SuSE in the future
but that's another topic ...

Sven

--
Sven Hoexter -=|=- Earth - Germany - Leverkusen
NOTICE: you have just been infected with Cooperative UNIX Email Virus,