Re: LT review...

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 22:39:01 CEST

Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Another suggestion, from one of the FSF Guys, talked with him yesterday:
> Joey: Ask the Town/Company/Whatever from the "S-Bahn" if you can get
> them "sponsoring" the Linuxtag with free Tickets for the
> Booth-People. If not free then very very cheap tickets.

I guess we drove back home together since I heard the idea already.

Problem is: What does S-Bahn gain from sponsoring LinuxTag?
It's not that there are tons of Karlsruhe people who are
going to make more use of the tram in Karlsruhe after the
event, so they get real money for their sponsoring.

Sure we can ask them, but what can we give them? Without being
able to provide something to them, they won't give something to
us, I'm pretty sure.

As for reduced tickets, that may be more realistic, but it
would probably require somebody to purchase some 300 one-way
tickets and resell them - who's going to take that risk?
From my experience with free projects at LinuxTag, it's very
dangerous for me to assume that nnn tickets will be required,
the chance of not using them, but me having to pay for them
is too high.

What did a one-way ticket cost anyway?

Life is a lot easier when you have someone to share it with.  -- Sean Perry