[LT Infomail#8] Resumé - Debian

From: Martin Schulze (joey@linuxtag.org)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 23:57:39 CEST

http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2002/infomail-8.html
[ available in a couple of hours ]

1. The show is over

   LinuxTag 2002 is over and we're recovering a little bit before we
   start working on LinuxTag 2003. I hope, you've enjoyed the show
   and it was successful for your project and you've found your way
   back home well. Thanks to all of you who made this event such an
   important and interesting experience, every year again.

1. Criticism

   We are trying to improve the show every year. From my point of
   view, we were able to improve the organisation with regard to last
   year's LinuxTag, but there's still a lot of things left over that
   we need to improve for next year's event.

   If you want to tell us which parts of LinuxTag went well and
   which parts didn't, please don't hesitate and drop me a line. I'll
   include it into our after-event criticism document.

1. Infomation

   If you believe that we didn't distribute enough information or if
   you believe that something was missing or well hidden, please check
   it again and tell me how we can improve the situation. Are there
   enough links from the LinuxTag[1] site to the Infodrom[2] site? If
   not, what is missing or what kind of information is missing at one
   place or another?

    1. http://www.linuxtag.org/
    2. http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2002/

1. Pictures

   Several people have taken pictures digitally. If you would like to
   have them added to the pictures[3] page, please drop me a line.
   Some people also offered server space in a Gallery album. If you
   are interested in this, please drop me a line.

    3. http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2002/pictures.html
1. Furniture

   Since rented furniture is one of the most expensive things at an
   exhibition, every piece of furniture that we don't have to rent,
   helps us financially. The KDE team successfully built their own
   computer tables, which looked wonderfu, even though they were built
   in a simple manner. If you have a chance to build and transport
   your own furniture, please do so and let me know before the
   exhibition. Computer tables are extra expensive, so producing them
   on your own would be a real help.

1. Lost Equipment

   If you have lost something or if you found something that somebody
   else may have lost, please drop me a line and I'll try to connect
   the loser with the founder. Currently, there's only one keyboard
   left over and a pullover missing.

1. Help

   There are rumors that www.linuxtag.org will be rebuilt again. If
   you are interested in making this site more useful and have some
   knowledge in Java, please check JERPA[4] and drop us a mail if you
   would like to participate in its development.

    4. http://jerpa.sourceforge.net/

   This year has shown that we don't have enough supporters on
   Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Hence, if you would like to help
   us, please drop me a line in time. For Thursday we need help with
   the business congress, so a suit is mandatory (a tie isn't, btw.).
   It may be too early for you to make a decision now, but you should
   keep this in mind. A successful Business Congress helps us fund
   LinuxTag and projects booths, hence, it is quite important that the
   Business Congress is a successful part.

1. Participation

   If you would like to participate in LinuxTag for a longer period,
   you should probably consider subscribing to one of the following
   mailing lists. Both are serverd by a Majordomo like interface, so
   sending a mail to majordomo@host will result in a help document
   sent back to you.

   lt2k@linuxtag.org - general development of LinuxTag
   linuxtag-projects@lists.infodrom.org - projects organisation and booths.

1. LTP Account

   I'll probably deactivate your account on LTP[5] soon, so I can
   start development for the 2003 version of LTP, which will run on a
   new database. If you would like to take part in LinuxTag 2003,
   please drop me a line in December/January.

    5. http://www.infodrom.org/LinuxTag/