Re: LT review...

From: Tille, Andreas (TilleA@rki.de)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 14:37:06 CEST

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Michael Bramer wrote:

> - DebianDay
> I can't say something about this day. I was not in karlsruhe..
As Russel said:

    - make it publicly announced
    - ship time table with title and abstract on the program
      (we do not have to wonder at all that less people visited the
       talk if nobody would have a trace ...)
    - make it not at the same time as other technical talks
    - have a beamer ready in every room (well I know it was because
      Joey was ill - but it has to work even if Joey would be on
      the other side of the planet)

> - Debian Booth
> - the beamer was a big pro
Definitely.

> After some hours Andreas and I move from the backstage to the booth
> and IMHO the next days the booth was better. Also Jörg was all the
> time on the booth.
In my opinion it is no shame of visitors see some DDs *working* on the booth.
Many other projects did so as well. Sometimes reading e-mail is work and
so it is no shame. But you should definitely stop reading mails or doing
some stuff if visitors ask for information.

> - CDs:
> This year we make 5000 CDs and throw out almost all CDs on 3 Days.
> On
> the last day we make a sign 'make a bounty and you get a CD'. And
> we get donations...
What is the sum/day and the whole sum?

> - I talk already with someones at the booth: I like a DVD next
> year, with:
> - a normal mirror (like this year)
> - with a knoppix like live system. But this system should be use
> ext2 as loop dev (and not a iso-fs).
> - a optional 'install on your win9X box button' (like the swap
> file in the knoppix of this days)
> (I ask klaus and this is technical possible)
Cool.

> - Also on the other days we get some donations from our visitors.
> Maybe we should put some 'sparschein' at your booth the next year.
Definitely.

> - we don't make our shows... I don't know the problem, but nobody
> make his shows. Only Jörg show some full installations on request.
Where there other shows planed. I use present small "shows" of Debian
Junior/Med at request on my laptop and I had the impression that people
liked it ...

> - LinuxNacht (SocialEvent)
> - Ok the show was ok, but the food and drink was last year better.
> to joey: please choose next year a other place ...
Well, once we know the interesting museum we could choose a place
regarding to the food ...

Kind regards

         Andreas.