Re: Debian Flyer

From: Noel Koethe (noel@koethe.net)
Date: Sat May 25 2002 - 08:32:37 CEST

On Fre, 24 Mai 2002, Martin Schulze wrote:

Hello,

> Until now I thought that the flyers fog's company (mixad life)
> produced for us back in 2000 were release-independend and could be
> used until there are no flyers left over.
>
> However, the truth is that they mention "more than 4000 packages",
> "over 500 people", "following architectures [listing six of them]",
> "fits barely on 6 CDs (3 of architecture dependent [..] plus 3 of
> source code)" and the worst thing is that it links to Potato's release
> notes and a potato-based download path.
>
> Hence, we need to discuss how to handle these flyers.

I wouldn't like that interested people get old flyers.
Other parts on this old flyer are very outdated:
there are 6 archs listed
"...und einers der besten Desktop-Umgebungen, Gnome"

> One way would be to distribute as much of them as possible, so many,
> many people hear the word (or read in that particular case) - and with
> the benefit that we wouldn't have too many leftovers when Woody gets
> actually released.
>
> I just counted the archive, I guess that we still have some
> 1,800-2,400 flyers.
>
> Comments?

I started 2 weeks ago to find the 2000 flyer in an editable format
but nobody has it anymore (it was made with Framemaker). fog@d.o
pointed me to Davide who made the flyer. He offered to make a
new flyer if he find some time.
Credativ would sponsor the printing of the flyer.
Yesterday I got a first version from Davide (I put it on
http://www.koethe.net/debian-flyer2002.pdf, the latest version
of 2000 I found in electronical form could be found
http://www.koethe.net/debian-flyer2000.pdf).
I send him some corrections and now waiting for a fixed version.

The problem is, do we get it printed for LT in 1.5 weeks?

--
Noch einen schönen Tag

Noèl Köthe