CD Image

From: Joerg Jaspert (joerg@debian.org)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 03:24:03 CEST

Hi

Woha, i hate slow 128kbit Upstream.
But its running and the CD Image will be available at
http://people.debian.org/~joerg/lt/
ETA 09:53:00 at 03:20 !

I *REALLY* hope that klecker can do rsync so i dont have to transfer
the whole file everytime.

Or that jigdo works. debian-cd is still running to create the jigdo
things, so you can use it to build the image with it. First invocation
is a looong run.
Hmm, "possibly invalid template" for a just generated file is not a good
message. So no jigdo yet. But the ISO transfer is running. :)

I also put a debian-cd.tar.bz2 together with the changes i made. That
are:
The tasks/* files i changed/made.
Changes in tools/add_secured.sh to get it work with md5sum from dpkg1.10
Changes in tools/boot/woody/boot-i386.sh to get bf2.4 as the default.
The CONF.sh i use for debian-cd now.
Just in case you want to have it (as a starting point if you want to
take over the image creation/to look at it/etc) :)

CD boots, installs correct (only tested with bf2.4 now, look at the
time :) ). I run tasksel and selected all, it trys to install 458new
Packages now.
The First Setup was German (Lang-Chooser), after reboot everything in
English.
I test it more tomorrow, now i go to bed. Used 6 hours for this thing,
enough for now. :)

Now the changes i made since last version:

It now builds correct Release files. Was a bug between my dpkg 1.10,
the md5sum from it and the script assuming other output.

Changed the Order of the Kernel Images at boot time. Now 2.4 comes
first and is the default for this CD.

Added Readme.Linuxtag.

Removed:
xemacs21

Tha gives MUCH free Space. Even with the addition of the following
packages we have an Image with only 622 MB today. So we have enough
place to add missing files or packages. Note that these package lists
only mention the package we want, everything it depends on and
everything it recommends is added automagically.

Added:
alsa-base
alsa-headers
alsa-modules-2.4.18-386
alsa-modules-2.4.18-686
alsa-source
alsa-utils
alsaconf
analog
apt-listchanges
apt-spy
aumix
cdbakeoven
cdda2wav
cdrecord
debfoster
debian-policy
deborphan
devfsd
ding
evolution
ez-ipupdate
gcombust
gimp1.2-perl
gimp1.2-print
gnupg
hdparm
icewm-experimental
icewm-gnome
icewm-lite
mailfilter
mkisofs
nmap
xchat
xpdf

Todo for the next CD:
German Documentation.
Fix errors i find in testruns with the CD
Everything you say :)

--
begin  OjE-ist-scheisse.txt
bye, Joerg                 Encrypted Mail preferred!